Saturday 25 September 2010

Hi Eva

When I set this blog up I meant to register the address 'note to self', but I ended up registering 'note to elf' by mistake, because I was pissed when I did it. I've been thinking about changing it back somehow  to the address I originally wanted, but some vegetarian has already got that, so I can't.

Tehn I got to thinking about about note to elf and I think I like it. It's a fuck up, it's unexpected, it's wrong, but somehow it works. It's like I'm writing to a mysterious little fairy person, to someone not quite real, someone made up, someone questionable. Right now then, elf sounds more like me than self does I'm not sure who I am, who I want to be or what to say, to myself or to anyone else for that matter.

I'min a place right now that doesn't even feel real. maybe I an an elf. But which sort?

Not this sort.




More like the above, but without a coat hanger wrapped round my head.


Note to self sounds like it should be very serious and considered too. That vegetarian site is certainly a lot more fair dinkum than I intend to be.

Looking at that site she, it's run by a girl called Eva, starts off by saying that she doesn't think anyone will ever read her blog. I don't think anyone will ever read mine either. Except for maybe for Eva. It's never going to rank high enough in search engines for people to find it and the only person ever likely to stumble on to it accidentlally is Eva, if she types teh name of her blog incorrectly. I hope she does that one day and i hope she finds this post and I hope it freaks her out a little, in a good way. At least she'll know that someone has read her blog. Maybe she'll post an hello Bill message on her blog.

Teh weird thing is she set her blog up just a couple of weeks ago, so if I'd gotten onto this a while back I could have had that name after all.

3 comments:

  1. We're out here and we're reading...you just can't see us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you might be more like the elf in 'Bad Santa...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVRmXc8PPqk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JK! i thought you were on my side. I could certainly do the goatee but I'd never fit into that little suit and I'd never smack Father Christmas no matter how naughty he was.

      Delete